The Town of Troy (located between Hudson and River Falls) is seeking applicants for a part time (approximately 30 hours/week) position of Clerk/Treasurer.

The Town Clerk/Treasurer shall be responsible for performing those duties required by Wis. Stat. §§ 60.33 & 60.34 which include and are not limited to:  Publish notices, issue licenses, attend meetings and take minutes, maintain a file of records, ordinances, and resolutions, administer oaths, coordinate, supervise and conduct elections, maintain personnel files, prepare the tax roll, maintain fiscal records, perform record keeping, billing, collections, banking, investments, accounting and financial reporting of all town operations, payroll and related taxes, assist in preparing town budget, supervising (1) Administrative Assistant/Deputy Clerk/Treasurer and other duties as assigned by the Town Board and Town Ordinances. 

Salary range is $30,000-40,000/year (DOQ).  Some Benefits are included.

Qualifications:  An associate degree in accounting, knowledge of QuickBooks, 2-years of municipal or government experience or related education or work history is preferred. Also, proficiency in Microsoft Office, confidentiality, customer service and communication skills,  multitasking and ability to work in a small office are essential. 

If interested, please mail a cover letter, resume and references to:  Town Troy Hall, 654 Glover Road, Hudson, WI  54016 (Attn: Dan Pearson), or email to [email protected] by December 14th, 2018.  Visit www.townoftroy.org for more information. 



St. Croix County Land Information Online https://www.sccwi.gov/519/Property-Information.



Dog Licensing

Please note that dog license applications will not be mailed with the 2018 Tax Statements as they have been in years past.  It is your responsibility as the dog owner to license your pet.  Applications are available on the website and at the Town Hall.  Copies of the current rabies vaccination certificate along with licensing fees are due with the application by January 31st, 2019.  Applications can be mailed to Town of Troy, 654 Glover Road, Hudson, WI  54016.  Late fees will be applied if the application is received after April 1st, 2019.  Fees are $20 per unaltered dog and $10 for altered.  If you have any questions, please contact the Town Hall office at 715-425-2665. 

Dog License Application

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:  Lot or parcels under 5 acres in size may have no more than 3 dogs over 6 months of age as household pets.  Lots or parcels that are 5 acres to 20 acres in size may have no more than 5 dogs over 6 months of age as household pets.  Lots and parcels greater than 20 acres in size may have no more than 7 dogs over 6 months of age as household pets.  Greater dog populations, and dog populations that are not household pets, are regulated as Commercial Kennels. (effective October 2014)










(Please fill out two copies, one

for our records, one for you)

Burning permits are required for controlled burns, including recreational fire. There is an annual permit and is available at the Recycling Center or the town Government Center. There is no charge for the permit but it must be signed by a town employee in order to be valid. If the fire department responds to a report of fire on your property and you have not followed the rules spelled out on the burning permit you will be billed for the call. Currently, the charge for a fire rescue/call is $800.00