Home : Permits & Licenses

Building permits are required in the Town of Troy.  They are handled directly by the town's building inspector, Brian Wert.  Click the link below to be directed to his web site.

Brian Wert Inspection Agency


Burning Permits are required for controlled burns, including recreational fires.  They are not valid until signed by a town employee.  Click the link below for a copy of the burning permit.

Burning Permit


Dog licenses are required for your pet.  The license application is mailed with your tax statement at the end of the year.  If you have misplaced yours or have recently acquired a new pet please click the link below and return to the office with a copy of the rabies certificate.  A license tag will be mailed to you.

Dog License Application


An operator license is required if you will be serving alcoholic beverages.  The two golf courses in town coordinate the licensing for their serving staff, but occasionally an individual will want to license themselves.  The license is an annual license and expires on June 30th.  You must complete the "operator license application" form and provide proof that you've completed the Wisconsin on-line beverage server training course.  The fee is $20.00 for a first time application in Troy and $20.00 for renewals.

Operator License Application


Transient Merchants and Solicitors It is unlawful for any transient merchant or solicitor to engage in sales activity of any kind involving goods or services in the Town of Troy without first applying for and receiving a Town permit for that purpose and having it available at all times while engaging in such activity in the Town. 

Transient Merchant Sales and Solicitation Application