Plan Commission mission is to set forth its organization, powers and duties so as to further the health, safety, welfare and wise use of resources for the benefit of current and future residents of the Town and affected neighboring jurisdictions, through the adoption and implementation of comprehensive planning with significant citizen involvement.
Plan Commission Responsibilities
(1) To promote good planning practices and to keep the public and Town Board well informed on planning issues;
(2) To exercise first level oversight over the administration of the Town’s subdivision ordinance through review and recommendation concerning all proposed subdivision of land;
(3) To prepare and recommend for Town Board approval the Town's comprehensive plan and any amendments thereto and to recommend implementation measures concerning it,
(4) To review land use matters referred to it by the Town Board and to perform other duties at the request of the Town Board;
(5) Within the framework of County zoning procedures and deadlines, to review requests for County rezoning of land located in the Town of Troy and make a recommendation thereon to the Town Board, taking the Town’s master/comprehensive plan into account; and to keep accurate records of its actions.
The Plan Commission meets on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 P.M. at Troy Town Hall. Topics include property development, code development, special exceptions and variances.
Please note: The agendas, meeting minutes, notices and postings on this site are for convenience purposes only and may not represent the most current version. Therefore, they are not considered the official copy nor should they be considered a legal representation of the official copy. If you require a copy of the official version of one of these documents, please contact the Clerks office for the official document.