Animal Control

If you need to report an animal problem please call the Animal Control Officer listed below.

Town employees do not handle car killed deer.   That should be reported to the St. Croix County Sheriff's Department non-emergency number at 715-386-4701.

Animal Control Officer

Brit Harmon

Companion Animal Control

Phone: 715-220-1332

Companion Animal Control Tips

Founded in 2011, CAC provides service to over 30 municipalities in both MInnesota and Wisconsin

Animal pickup, placement, and protection

What can you do to help sick, injured, or orphaned wildlife? Click here to find out what the Wisconsin DNR guidelines are.

Lucky Paws Midwest - Western Wisconsin Animal Services

(651) 248-2282


Rabies Certificate: Before a dog license may be issued, evidence that each dog is currently immunized against rabies is required. (State Statute 174.07). Vaccination certificates may be obtained from your veterinarian. Please include a copy of the certificate with your dog license application.

Dog Licenses: The owner of a dog more than 5 months of age on January 1 of any year, or 5 months of age within the license year, shall annually, on or before the date that dog becomes 5 months of age, pay the dog license fee and obtain a Town of Troy dog license.  The licensing form is available online or can be picked up at the Town of Troy Hall located at 654 Glover Road. It will need to be returned to the Town Hall with proof of rabies vaccination and the applicable fee by January 31 of each year.  There is an additional $ 5.00 late charge applied on applications received after April 1.  ( State Statute 174.05)

Dog License Application Form