Please visit the St. Croix County’s recycling website for:
What to Recycle and How to Recycle Right:
- Appliance, Electronics and Tire Collection Events
- Clean Sweep – Hazardous Waste Collection Event
- A-Z Recycling & Disposal Guide
(for items that can’t go in your curbside bin or drop-off recycling)
- Like and Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sccwirecycling
Watch our recycling video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn0Bs7wGf7k&t=330s
TOWN OF TROY RECYCLING CENTER
(For Town Residents Only)
Location: Northeast corner of Townsvalley Road & Chinnock Lane
Hours of Operations: Updated hours - November 9, 2021 - March 15, 2022, Tuesdays & Thursdays will be open 1:00 - 5:30pm; Saturdays remain the same 8:00 - 12:30pm.
Hours will be Tuesday & Thursday afternoons from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Phone: 715-425-6586
Garbage - Fee Charged
- $ 3.00 per 30 gallon bag; $50.00 for a 20 punch punchcard, $5.00 for wood pallets, loose trash-an estimate will be given on site.
Aluminum - No Fee
- Aluminum cans are collected.
Metals - No Fee
- Metals & tin are collected in dumpsters.
- Please remove handles/wheels and anything non-metal before placing in dumpster.
- Tin Cans - please rinse and remove labels. Dirty cans are not accepted.
Plastics --No Fee
- # 1 through #7 Plastics are accepted. Remove caps and rinse plastic container.
Glass -- No Fee
- Brown, Green and Clear glass (bottles and jars) is collected.
- Not Acceptable: Ceramic glass not accepted.
Paper & Cardboard -- No Fee
SHREDDED PAPER MUST BE PUT INTO GARBAGE, please do not put it in recycling
- Office paper collected in barrels. No need to presort.
- Boxes, magazines, shiny paper and cereal boxes are accepted.
Furniture -- Fee Charged
- $25.00 Standard Couches; $25.00 Sleeper Sofa; $50.00 Sectional Sofa; $25.00 Love Seat; $5.00 Chairs; $15.00 Stuffed Chairs; $15.00 any size Mattress or Boxspring.
Appliances -- Fee Charged
- $25.00 Refrigerator/freezer; $20.00 Stoves; $20.00 Microwave
- $25.00 Freezer; $175.00 Gas Refrigerator.
- $20.00 Hot Water Heater; $20.00 Dryers; $20.00 Washing Machines; $10.00 Water Softener; $20.00 Dishwasher.
- $30.00 Air Conditioner; $20.00 Furnace; $25.00 Dehumidifier; $5.00 Humidifier
- Other appliances - Estimate will be provided onsite prior to disposal, minimum of $10.00.
Construction Waste--Fee Charged
- Accepted: sheetrock, shingles, wood, bricks and construction waste are accepted.
- $5.00 Sinks; $5.00 Toilets.
- A dumpster is provided. An estimate will be provided on-site prior to disposal, minimum of $25.00.
- Cement accepted with limitations.
Yard Waste -- Not Accepted
- No yard waste accepted. No tree limbs, leaves, or grass.
- See St. Croix County's Yard Waste/Composting site for information on composting options.
Electronics -- Fee Charged
- $7.00 Printer, Copier, Sanner (desk model); $45.00 Copier (floor model); $15.00 Fax Machine; $10.00 Paper Shredder.
- $5.00 Phones/Answering Machines.
- $20.00 Computer Tower; $20.00 Laptop Computer; $20.00 Computer Monitor; $7.00 Keyboard.
- $15.00 DVD Player, VCR, CD Player and Stereos
- $35.00 Televisions - All sizes
- $7.00 Satellite Receivers
Automotive Wastes -- No Fee
- Used Oil. Batteries. Antifreeze is NOT accepted.
Clean Up Day
- The Town does not have an annual clean up day. See St. Croix County's Recycling site for information on collection events.
Tires - Fee Charged
- Car and Truck Tires - $4.00 off the rim, $6.00 on the rim
- ATV, Bike and Lawnmower - $2.00
Miscellaneous - Fee Charged
- $5.00 Wood Pallets
- $1.00 Flourescent Bulbs