Absentee Ballot:

A valid Photo ID must be provided when voting by absentee ballot unless you are a type of voter that is either exempt by statute or may have an alternative process to verify your identity.

Absentee ballots can be requested at the link below, please make sure to include a copy of a valid photo ID. The request cannot be processed without a copy on file.

Vote Absentee By Mail (wi.gov)

Furthermore, Absentee-In-Person Voting begins 14 days before each election during business hours. Extended hours are also offered and are posted in News and Notices closer to election dates.

Boat Launch Permit:

There are two types of boat launch parking permits, daily and annual. There are separate fees for residents of the Town of Troy and a nonresident. The daily permit is good only for the day and is available at the boat launch in the permit box. The annual permit is good for the calendar year. The annual fee may be placed in the daily permit envelope at the boat launch. Include a note stating the enclosed payment is for an annual permit and the address the permit should be mailed to. Annual permits may also be obtained at the Recycling Center or at Town Hall during regular hours of operation. The Recycling center is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 to 6:30 and Saturdays from 8:00 – 12:30. Town Hall is open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 – 12:30. The annual permit is also available by mailing the fee to the Troy Town Hall, 654 Glover Road, Hudson, WI 54016.

Building permits are required in the Town of Troy.  They are handled directly by the town's building inspector, Brian Wert.  Click the link below to be directed to his web site.

Brian Wert Inspection Agency

Burn Permit:

Burn permits are available at the Town Hall, as well through the link below

(Please fill out two copies, one for our records, one for you)

Burning permits are required for controlled burns, including recreational fire. There is an annual permit and is available at the Recycling Center or the town Government Center. There is no charge for the permit but it must be signed by a town employee in order to be valid. If the fire department responds to a report of fire on your property and you have not followed the rules spelled out on the burning permit you will be billed for the call. Currently, the charge for a fire rescue/call is a minimum charge of $800.00

Burn Permit Form

Dog Licenses: the licensing form is available below or can be picked up at the Town of Troy Hall. It will need to be returned to the Town Hall with proof of rabies vaccination and the applicable fee by January 31 of each year.  There is an additional $ 5.00 late charge applied on applications received after April 1.  ( State Statute 174.05)

Dog License Application Form

Event Plan:

To assist in determining how your event relates to the ordinance, please answer the following questions on an attached
1) Describe the proposed event including any public safety issues, amplified sound, access issues, and parking.
2) Provide a site plan showing the location of the event, public access, parking, temporary barricades, fencing, trash,
recycling, portable toilets, potable water, and access/exterior signs.
3) Name and owners, operators, and sponsors of all food booths and food trucks, with verification of health
4) Will wine or fermented malt beverages be sold or provided during the event? If yes, additional licenses may apply.
5) Names and addresses of all owners and residents located within 300 feet of the property line. Include notices sent to
these adjoining owners/residents.
6) Contact information for the security agency of the event.

Event Plan Application